This year, why not make your Thanksgiving Dinner a participatory, collaborative experience? Set up a stuffing bar where guests can create their own stuffing combinations in small aluminum pans. Then, just heat to an internal temperature of 165˚F and serve! No matter what you choose, you almost can’t go wrong. It’s a fun idea for Christmas, too, as you satisfy everyone’s dietary needs, appetite and throw in a little competitive cheer.
Speaking of which, make it a contest and vote on the best. Winner gets the turkey bone for a wish!
Plus, you can make your bar as simple or as elaborate as you want. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
- Traditional Italian Bread or Stuffing Mix (you can get these in our Bakery)
- Cornbread (you can get this in our Prepared Foods Department)
- Gluten Free
- Market District Vermont White Cheddar Cheese
- Sautéed Chestnuts
- Caramelized Onions
- Sautéed Green Peppers
- Sautéed Mushrooms
- Sautéed Oysters
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Fried Market District Smokehouse Bacon
- Fresh Celery
- Fresh Corn
- Cooked Market District Housemade Chicken Sausage
- Fresh Herbs (sage, basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley, etc.)
- Dried Cranberries
- Chopped Walnuts & Pecans