Compliments of Chef Crystal Baldwin
- ½ cup water
- 4 Tbsp. espresso powder
- 1-⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Salt to taste
- Mix the water and espresso powder together until dissolved.
- In a saucepan, cook sugar in the coffee over moderate heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Raise heat to moderately high and cook without stirring for 3-5 minutes until a dark amber color caramel forms.
- Off the heat, carefully pour in cream and stir until smooth. Add butter and season with salt.
- Transfer to a small double boiler or fondue pot to keep warm.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
Calories 480, Fat 23g, Sat. Fat 15g, Trans Fat 1g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 68g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.