Crock-Pot® Recipes with Chef Crystal Baldwin!
- 5 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless short ribs
- 1-½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cups plum tomato, cored, seeded, small dice
- 12 oz. dark beer
- 2 cups Market District beef stock
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons of oil, season short ribs with salt and pepper and dust with the flour; brown on all sides. Place in slow cooker.
- In same skillet, add remaining oil, onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beer, stock, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, and then pour over short ribs in slow cooker.
- Set on low heat and let cook 7 to 8 hours or until the ribs are tender and the sauce is thickened.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
Calories 980, Fat 83g, Sat. Fat 29g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 1210mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 38g, Vitamin A 50% DV, Vitamin C 10% DV, Calcium 6% DV, Iron 25% DV
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.