Crock-Pot® Recipes with Chef Crystal Baldwin!
- 2- ½lbs. pork shoulder
- 2 cups onion, sliced thickly
- 1 bottle Market District souvlaki marinade
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1-½ cups arugula
- 1-½ Tbsp. fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh mint, minced
- ¾ cup tzatziki sauce (recipe here)
- 6 pitas, warmed
- In a slow cooker, add pork and onion with the souvlaki marinade and salt; cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, until the pork is tender and cooked through.
- Use a fork to break the pork into large chunks.
- Mix the arugula, dill and mint together.
- Serve the pork on pitas with the arugula and tzatziki.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
Calories 610, Fat 40g, Sat. Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 1710mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 36g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.