Paul Abbott’s job is to seek out the most exciting, innovative, unique and DELICIOUS products around! He breathes, sleeps, and of course, eats food, traveling to shows all over the world to bring you spectacular, signature products you won’t find anywhere else.
This holiday season, Paul is practically weeping with yearning for old-time Currier & Ives: chestnuts roasting, figgy pudding, wassail and whatnot. Hence, his gift to you: foods that speak to timeless tradition with a touch of contemporary culinary style.
- Owl’s Brew Holiday Gift Pack — The first tea crafted for cocktails, Owl’s Brew is handcrafted in small batches. Made with whole tea leaves, fruits, spices and herbs, and no added or artificial flavors, the gift pack includes The Classic (English Breakfast, lemon and lime), Coco-Lada (black tea, coconut, chai spices and pineapple) and Pink & Black (Darjeeling, hibiscus, lemon peel and strawberry). Pair with vodka, tequila, rum, whiskey, gin or even Champagne on New Year’s Eve: 2-parts brew, 1-part booze. Whoooo-Hoooo!
- Somerdale Brandy Butter — A thick, rich sweet sauce universally associated with Christmas time, this butter is served cold to provide a delectable contrast with a hot pudding. It also makes an excellent companion served with mince pies, Christmas pudding or sweet raisin, pumpkin or banana bread.
- La Forestiere Whole Roasted Chestnuts — These are from the Ardèche region of France, known for its chestnut groves. Containing only the finest chestnuts harvested from early September through November, these gems are shelled by hand and packed to retain their delicious flavor. Add flavor to stuffing, serve as a side dish sautéed with vegetables or pair with chocolate — a divine combination. They’re gluten free, sodium free, fat free and cholesterol free, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Walkers Rich Fruit Pudding — A traditional treat for the holiday season, this authentic English pudding is made with raisins, sultanas, candied peel, mixed spices and syrup. Simply warm in the microwave, pour on a little whiskey or brandy and set it aflame for an extravagant holiday presentation!
- Bauli Pandoro — Pandoro di Verona (meaning “golden bread”) is a star-shaped holiday cake first made in the town of Romeo & Juliet. An Italian sweet yeast bread, it is shaped like a frustum with an 8-pointed star section — lovely on any table. Bauli Pandoro is leavened for 40 hours using a “mother dough” that allows it to rise naturally, keeping it fresh with absolutely no preservatives. No festive occasion is complete without it!
- Bauli Il Panettone di Milano — Panettone is a holiday delicacy dating back 500 years to Milan, where its origins are surrounded with folklore. This time-honored raisin loaf is a legend in itself. All natural and made with simple ingredients — butter, sugar and eggs, along with sweet raisins and glazed orange peels — it’s baked in its own cylindrical mold for a distinct and festive look.
- Hampton Popcorn Company White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch — Caramel corn topped with silky white chocolate and a light peppermint drizzle — serve it all season long!