Market District Homemade Berry & Thyme Chia Jam
Compliments of Chef Janice Kirich
- ½ lb. raspberries, cleaned
- ½ lb. blackberries, cleaned
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, place berries, honey, lemon juice and thyme.
- As berries are breaking down; smash with masher or fork to desired consistency.
- Bring to a boil and continue until a sauce forms (approx. 5 min.).
- Taste for sweetness; add more honey, if desired.
- Stir in chia seeds; cook one more minute. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Let jam sit and thicken as it cools.
- If you desire a thicker consistency, add 1 teaspoon of seeds; wait 10 minutes before adding second teaspoon to allow thickening.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
Calories 20, Fat 0g, Sat. Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 4g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.