Beef It Up & Beyond
Cast Iron Charred Ribeye with Bacon, Whiskey Onions and Hot Peppers
Compliments of the Certified Angus Beef Brand®
Prep Time: 10 min.
Grill Time: 20 min.
- ¼ lb. Market District Smokehouse bacon, chopped
- 2 (16 oz.) Certified Angus Beef® ribeye steaks
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- ½ tsp. coarse cracked black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion (Vidalia or Spanish), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper (for less heat, substitute a poblano or a sweet bell pepper), stem and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup whiskey
1. In a large cast iron skillet, sear bacon over medium heat until crisp; use slotted spoon to remove from pan and set aside, leaving bacon fat in the pan.
2. Season steaks with salt and black pepper. Sear over medium-high heat 5 minutes per side to develop a rich mahogany-colored sear. Cook to medium rare, or your desired doneness.* (Optional: After initial sear on each side, finish steaks in a 325°F oven.) Remove from skillet to a clean cutting board or plate to rest.
3. With heat on medium high, add onion and jalapeño to skillet. Sear a minute until charred. Turn off heat and add whiskey. Stir in bacon. Serve immediately over steaks.
*For food safety, cook beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.
Nutritional Information (Per serving): Calories 1060, Fat 70g, Sat Fat 31g, Trans Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol 275mg, Sodium 1460mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g, Protein 88gNutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Backyard Barbecue Vegetarian Burger
Compliments of Beyond Burger
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 1 head purple cabbage
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 pinches salt & pepper
- 1 (16-18 oz.) can barbecue baked beans
- 4 Beyond Burger patties
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche or potato hamburger buns
- Barbecue sauce for drizzling
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
1. Preheat and clean grill.
2. Finely shred half of the purple and green cabbages and place in a large mixing bowl. Add two shredded carrots along with mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until incorporated. Once finished, set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Warm baked beans in a pot on a medium-low setting. Turn to simmer if they start to bubble.
4. With your grill primed, place Beyond Meat burger patties on grates, season lightly with salt and pepper and grill three minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
5. Add cheese to your patties before removing from grill and allowing them to rest for a few minutes. Toast buns on grill.
6. To assemble burgers, first apply a layer of baked beans to the bottom bun. Place a patty on top of that and top your patty with coleslaw. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and garnish with thinly sliced jalapeños or pickles, if desired, before capping with top bun.
Nutritional Information (Per serving): Calories 810, Fat 39g, Sat Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 1690mg, Total Carbohydrate 81g, Fiber 10g, Sugars 28g, Protein 36gNutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Grilled Angel Food Cake with Hazelnut Spread & Fresh Berries
Compliments of Chef Janice
Prep Time: 10 min.
Chill Time: 3 hrs.
Cook Time: 1 min.
- 1 cup strawberries, remove stems and chop
- 1 cup black berries, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 angel food cake, available in Bakery
- ¼ cup Nutella
1. Mix berries, sugar, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Refrigerate for a few hours to let the berries macerate.
2. Preheat grill to medium.
3. Slice cake into 8 large wedges. Place wedges on grill and cook for about 30 seconds or until cake is toasted and golden brown. Carefully turn cake over and repeat on second side.
4. Place Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in microwave for 15 second intervals until smooth and pourable.
5. Serve cake warm with Nutella drizzled over it, along with macerated berries on top.
Nutritional Information (Per serving): Calories 270, Fat 3g, Sat Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 42g, Protein 5gNutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.