Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 1 3-½ to 4 lb. Certified Angus Beef® corned beef brisket flat
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. ground clove
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 6 peeled garlic cloves, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ head cabbage, cut in 8 wedges
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Remove corned beef from package, rinse and pat dry; cut into two equal pieces. Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine coriander, caraway, black pepper, thyme and clove; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear brisket until browned, fat side down first, 3-4 minutes per side.
Transfer brisket to a large roasting pan or Dutch oven. Evenly coat all sides of brisket with spice blend. Spread carrots, onions, garlic, cabbage and bay leaves evenly around and on top, add stock and cover tightly with foil or lid. Place in oven and braise 2 hours until tender.
Slice thinly against the grain and serve with vegetables and broth, garnished with parsley.