Of course, you have leftover turkey and your first instinct is to make sandwiches. Who doesn’t love tender, juicy turkey stacked with cranberry, stuffing and maybe a little gravy on big, honkin’ slices of fresh bread … but wait, that’s not the point. The point is, Chef Crystal has a of recipe for your leftovers that will transform your turkey into a whole new kind of gobbler! Try it and see!
Turkey & Sweet Potato Hash
Compliments of Chef Crystal Baldwin
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 18-20 min.
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 cup onions
4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1-1/4 tsp. salt, separated
2 tsp. sage, minced
1 tsp. thyme, minced
3 cups roasted turkey, chopped
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil, onions and sweet potatoes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sage, thyme and turkey. Stir and then press lightly.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes until potatoes are tender, turning the mixture halfway through.
- Make 4 wells for the eggs in the hash and crack 1 egg in each well.
- Season with remaining salt and pepper. Cover and cook until eggs are done.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving): Calories 390, Fat 17g, Sat. Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 295mg, Sodium 920mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g, Protein 39g, Vitamin A 320%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.