Mushroom, Thyme and Taleggio Crostini
Compliments of Chef Benjamin D’Amico
Serves: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. Market District™ extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. package finely chopped crimini or button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. minced white onion
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. Market District aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced thin
- ½ lb. sliced Taleggio cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Market District garlic infused olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly chopped for garnish
- ⅓ cup finely chopped tomato for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the thyme and balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional minute.
Place the sliced baguette onto a baking sheet and top each piece with a few slices of Taleggio followed by a spoonful of the mushroom-thyme mixture. Finish off each crostini with a drizzle of garlic infused oil, a touch of sea salt, and a few twists of freshly cracked pepper.
Bake for 5 minutes, until baguette is lightly toasted. Garnish each crostini with a sliver of fresh cut basil and a few finely chopped pieces of tomato.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Calories 160, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 300 IU, Vitamin C 0 mg, Calcium 100 mg, Iron 1 mg
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.