11 Reasons Why We Love This Trendy Flavor Enhancer
Not loving your leftovers? Dinner sort of dull? Lacking that umami in your main dish? May we suggest the simplest, most delicious kitchen helper ever? It’s the fried egg. Make it the way you like it (dippy, over-easy, sunny-side up…heck, you can even poach it). Add that egg on top of any of the following foods, and behold! You’ve transformed your meal into something truly excellent.
Yum! A simple side dish or light lunch. Check out our recipe below.
It’s a little crazy, yes, and called for on special occasions only.
The best brunch you’ve never had. Super creamy and satisfying.
Seriously, try it. A slightly less-runny yolk is your best bet here.
Trust us on this one. Prepare traditional oats with chopped greens, nuts or seeds, and sautéed onion or garlic.
Make sure the pasta isn’t too hot (unless you want scrambled egg), then mix it all up. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Leftovers work as well.
The egg thickens and flavors the broth perfectly. Add it to a quick ramen or chicken noodle.
Spinach, kale, chard or dandelion greens. All benefit equally from a boost of protein.
Throw in some quinoa, add the egg and voilà — lunch!
Two of the world’s trendiest foods on one plate. It doesn’t get better than that.
Comfort food at its finest…especially when topped with braised beef or pork.
Recipe: Grilled Asparagus
Prep. Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. agave nectar (or to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. Market District extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 4 eggs
- Preheat grill to high.
- Grill asparagus until slightly charred but still crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix together mustard, agave, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Fry eggs in a well-greased skillet at medium-high heat. Divide asparagus into four equal portions and place and egg atop each.
- Drizzle with dressing and garnish with shaved Parmesan.