By Chef Janice Kirich
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- In skillet, caramelize bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of rendered fat from pan.
- Add onions and garlic to pan; sauté until golden, approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, coffee, syrup, vinegar and mustard; cook until mixture starts to thicken like jam, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add bacon pieces and let cool.
- If desired, place in food processor and hit pulse a couple of times to smooth consistency.
- Place in pint container and refrigerate up to two weeks.