Butternut Squash & Apple Rösti
By Chef Crystal Baldwin
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg with the flour, salt and white pepper.
- In a colander, toss the squash, potatoes, onion and apple and squeeze dry.
- Add to the bowl with the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil until hot but not smoking. Spoon heaping spoonfuls of the rösti mixture into the oil about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Fry the rösti over medium-high heat until golden on the bottom. Turn and fry until the same on top.
- Repeat with the remaining rösti mixture, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- Top each rösti with two teaspoons of sour cream and serve!
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.