Butternut Squash, Raisin & Cheddar Sage Dip
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking dish with 1 Tbsp. Market District extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Peel, seed and dice squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Drizzle squash with 1 Tbsp. Market District extra virgin olive oil. Toss to cover and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast squash on a cooking sheet until tender and browned, approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan over medium heat and add sage. Fry sage until lightly crisped and beginning to darken. Remove sage from butter with slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Return pan to heat, add onion and remaining salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion is caramelized, approximately 30 minutes. Stir in raisins.
- Stir in garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Place squash, onion and two thirds of sage into food processor and process until well combined.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream, and process until blended.
- Transfer squash mixture to prepared baking dish and mix in half of the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake squash until cheese is entirely melted and slightly brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining sage and serve warm with pita or crackers.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.