Fig & Goat Cheese-Stuffed French Toast
By Chef Crystal Baldwin
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- In a pan over medium heat, combine half of the fig spread and agave nectar and cook until spread has melted. (If syrup is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of orange juice to thin.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, sugar and extract.
- In another bowl, mix goat cheese and remaining fig spread.
- Spread two slices of brioche with cheese mixture. Top with two remaining slices of bread.
- Dip the sandwiches in egg mixture and coat with corn flakes.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add butter. Cook sandwiches until golden on both sides (approximately 5-6 minutes each side).
- Serve with syrup drizzled over the toast.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.