Grilled Romaine with Spicy Salame, Roasted Olives & Caveman Blue Cheese
By Chef Ben D'Amico
Serves: 4 each.
Prep Time: 15 min. & 2 min.
Cook Time: 3 min. & 15 min.
Chef’s note: Olives may be roasted while grilling romaine.
Directions for Grilled Romaine Recipe:
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Spray the cut side of the romaine heart with cooking spray and place on hot grill.
- Grill romaine for 2-4 minutes until char marks appear.
- Cut grilled romaine halves in half lengthwise and place on plates.
- Top romaine with a slice of blue cheese, then shallots, a few roasted olives and 1 oz. of shaved salame.
- Garnish with pepper and pistachios, then drizzle with oil and balsamic glaze.
Directions for Roasted Kalamata Olives:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain olives and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place olives on a foil-lined baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes until slightly shrunken and wrinkled.
Per Serving of Grilled Romaine Recipe
Per Serving of Roasted Kalamata OlivesCalories 150, Fat 15g, Sat. Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 740mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 0g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.