Market District Candied Bacon
By Chef Mario Chelli
Makes: 14 pcs.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix sugars, salt and cayenne.
- Toss bacon, piece by piece, into the sugar mixture. Make sure bacon is evenly covered.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay the bacon on the tray so the pieces do not touch.
- Cook 20-25 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to ensure it is not crisping too quickly. Bacon will be ready when it looks brown and the sugars are lightly charred; it will also be stiff.
- Remove the bacon from oven, place it on another parchment-lined sheet tray, allow to cool and serve at room temperature.
- May be stored up to 7 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Allow to sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information (Per Piece):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.