“Thai” Peanut Butter Jelly Chicken Burgers
By Chef Crystal Baldwin
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 10-15 min.
- Sauté shallots in a saucepan with canola oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Remove ¼ cup of the shallots and place in a large bowl and let cool.
- In the saucepan with remaining shallots, add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add peanut butter, water and soy sauce; whisk until smooth. Set peanut sauce aside.
- In the bowl with the shallots, add chicken and curry paste. Season with salt and pepper and mix lightly. Form into 6 even patties.
- Cook on a grill over medium-high until cooked through and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Meanwhile, place jelly in a saucepan with vinegar and cook until just melted. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Add peanuts, cilantro and cucumber to jelly; toss to coat.
- Serve the burgers on the ciabatta buns topped with the peanut butter sauce, the jelly mixture and lettuce.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.