Beer Braised Beef Barbacoa Tacos with Lime Cabbage Slaw
By Giant Eagle Market District
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 5-6 hrs.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Sear beef on all sides, then add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add to crockpot.
- In a blender, add chipotles in adobo, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, beer, brown sugar and soy sauce. Blend on low until puréed, then pour into crockpot.
- Cook barbacoa for 5-6 hours on low or until the meat begins to shred. Turn the crock pot to warm.
- Assemble the slaw by mixing the green and red cabbage, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Shred the barbacoa in its juices using two forks.
- To serve, assemble tacos by heating tortillas directly over your oven burner for 15-20 seconds, or microwaving while wrapped in a damp cloth for 30 seconds.
- Plate the shredded beef on top of the tortilla, then top with lime cabbage slaw. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (Per 1 taco):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.