Cornbread Crusted Chicken
By Giant Eagle
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- Pour buttermilk in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Take the chicken breasts and submerge the chicken in the buttermilk (this can be done the night before or several hours before if time permits).
- In a food processor, pulse the cornbread stuffing so it resembles crumbs the size of a rice kernel. Place bread crumbs in a baking dish. Shake off excess buttermilk and dip chicken into cornbread mixture pressing it on so it adheres to the chicken. Place on a wire rack and let chicken sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Heat for one minute on high and very carefully place chicken in hot oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then cook on a baking sheet with a wire rack for an additional 15 minutes in the oven or until internal temperature of chicken is at least 165°F.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the jalapeno jelly and cranberry sauce and add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan for one minute and then add in onions and brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minute until onions are translucent and Brussels sprouts are soft.
- Serve chicken with a spoonful of cranberry-jalapeno relish and sautéed Brussels sprouts.
Approximate Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Sat. Fat 2g,
Trans Fat 0g,
Total Carbohydrate 60g,
ALLERGEN CALLOUTS: Tree Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Egg-Free
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.