Goat Cheese and Fig Crostini with Honey and Walnuts
Prep Time: 25 min
- 20 pieces French baguette, thinly sliced on a bias (approx. 1 loaf)
- 10 oz. Market District goat cheese
- 5 figs, fresh, thinly sliced in 4 pieces per fig
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. local honey
- 1 Tbsp. thyme, fresh, minced
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- Lay the sliced baguette out on a tray.
- Spread about a ½ oz. of goat cheese evenly on each baguette slice.
- Place 1 slice fig on top of the goat cheese.
- Garnish each piece with crushed walnuts, a drizzle of honey, minced fresh thyme and cracked black pepper.
Nutritional Information (Per Piece):
Nutritional Information (Per Piece): Calories 100, Fat 3.5g, Sat. Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 4&percent; DV, Vitamin C 0&percent; DV, Calcium 2&percent; DV, Iron 4&percent; DV
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.