Kicked-Up Cuban Sandwich
By Chef Crystal Baldwin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Combine mayonnaise and chiles. Spread the cut sides of the rolls with the chipotle mayonnaise.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Assemble sandwiches with ham, cheese, pickles and roast pork. Close sandwiches and tuck in any overhanging filling.
- Use a panini press to grill the sandwiches. Or, set a griddle over moderately low heat; place sandwiches on griddle. Place a cookie sheet on top and weigh down with heavy skillets. Cook the sandwiches, turning once, until they are crisp outside.
- Transfer sandwiches to the cookie sheet and bake until the cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Cut in half and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.