Roasted Beet Salad with Local Honey-Feta Vinaigrette & Baby Arugula
By Chef Ben D’Amico
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare beets by washing them thoroughly under cool water. Pat dry with a paper towel. Cut off beet greens, about ½ inch from the top.
- Toss beets in a mixing bowl with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Place beets in an oven-safe cooking dish and roast for 45 minutes or until they are just fork tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, use a vegetable peeler to remove beet skin, then cut off tops and bottoms of the beets.
- For the vinaigrette, combine shallot, garlic, Feta, Dijon mustard, vinegar and honey in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil to make a temporary emulsion. Add salt and pepper and continue to mix for an additional minute or so.
- Cut beets into quarters or medium-sized pieces.
- Mix beets and vinaigrette together.
- Toss in baby arugula and top with remaining ¼ cup of Feta cheese.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.