By Chef Ben D'Amico
Makes: 2 cups or 16 2-Tbsp. servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel off excess layers of garlic “paper” from each bulb, leaving 1-2 outer layers.
- Cut about ¼ inch off the tops of each bulb; discard.
- Drizzle exposed bulb cloves with olive oil, allowing the oil to soak in and sprinkle with salt.
- Place garlic, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking tray: pull the foil over the garlic to create a cover, then roast for approximately 45-55 minutes. If garlic isn’t soft and caramelized, leave it in for an additional 10 minutes. When done, the garlic should have a soft, creamy texture and a deep golden/slightly mustard yellow color.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Select larger bulbs of garlic with bigger cloves to keep the texture of each clove more uniform.
- Serve warm bulbs with fresh bread slices, allowing guests to pick off cloves and squeeze onto the bread.
- Use roasted garlic in mashed potatoes, tomato- or cream-based pasta sauces, or blend into dressings.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.