By Chef Crystal Baldwin
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes to 2 hours 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.*
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over low heat. Add onion and fennel and cook until translucent. Add garlic and chiles; cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, orange zest, wine and tomatoes. Turn heat up to medium and bring to a simmer.
- Add calamari and season with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Place in oven and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 2½ hours, or until the calamari is very tender. If the calamari becomes dry, add ¼ cup water at a time to keep it moist.
- Remove from the oven and stir in parsley.
* This can be cooked on the stovetop over very low heat (bare simmer) for the same amount of time.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
Nutritional values are based on data from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.